Monday, August 24, 2009

Paper Clip Bookmarks

You know from my last post how much I love to make cheap things, well I have another cheap project for you. The main items (giant paper clips) for this project were in a pack of 4 for a dollar. Oh and I got them at Wall-mart, in the office supply section. So I Hope you enjoy.

The first thing I did was punch out all the scalloped circles. You want to make sure you do two of each, so you have a front and back. I'm not sure what size my punch is, but it's pretty big, so I'm guessing it's the biggest fiskars makes of that punch?? And the paper clips I'd say are 3 inches.


Next I cut out the circles. I cut them at 1 1/2 inches using the "George and Basic Shapes" cartridge. You don't have to have a cricut, just measure and cut them out, or trace something that looks like its the right size.... but I have one so it makes it easier.
Now just decorate how ever you want. I used a button and added some faux stitching with a white gel pen. I think these would make such a great little gift to give with a book, and maybe use the person's initial instead of the button?? I don't know just a thought.........

I'm sorry I didn't take a picture of the assembly, but it was a little tricky....I put the paper clip right on top of the foam square...that way when I placed the top on, the paper clip wouldn't slide around. Make sense??? I hope so...If you make one you'll see why it's important the get the paper clip stable. You could tape the paper clip down first......I just thought of that. I'll try that next time. But tie some ribbon on it and your done!

No comments: