Thursday, August 13, 2009

Giant Clothes Pin

I hope you like my new blog! I decided my family news was getting lost amongst my craft post. Now just because I'm letting you all see what I'm making doesn't mean I think I'm the best most craftiest person out there. I just like sharing my ideas and taking other people ideas and making them my own! So what I'll do is show you everything I used,and some pics with directions and tips of how I did it along the the way.....and then at the end I'll tell you where I got my stuff if there are any special items.

So here it is the "Giant clothes pin" and it is big! It stands 12 inches tall!

First thing I did was take it apart. (just a warning It was super duper hard to put back together at the end) Okay next step- I traced it onto the back of the paper I was using. (I did this before painting, so I'd have something to do while I was waiting for the paint to dry)

The paint was tricky, well not really...But my brown was way to dark so I watered it down, and it made the wood look like it was stained! Which is much better then what I had planned out in my head....The best things seem to happen when you have to improvise...

Now time for the paper, I like to use clear Tacky glue..I just spread it with my finger, and it dries fast. And that blue thing just helps get the bubbles out, you could really use anything...well not anything but you know what I mean? Right okay next- I used a nail (like finger nails) sanding block, it was like .99 cents and works much better then sand paper. But the purpose is to get the extra paper off. Also it makes the edges look a little distressed which I really like.



TADA! All done! Have fun putting the clothes pin back together...I cut my finger, but eventually got it. Even though it was a pain and painful, If I made another one I would take it apart again....



I love how it looks from the side... Because your like wow how random a huge clothes pin.....


And now that you want to make one for yourself I got the Clothes pin at Hobby Lobby in the "unfinished wood section."

Have a great day!

2 comments:

Kreative Kidd said...

Shannon, I got your blog from your post on the challenges on My Pink Stamper. You are very crafty and have some great ideas! I really love the magnets that you did with the buttons and the little clear marbles! I'm going to make some this weekend!

Also, I really liked the post it note holder you made for the school challenge. Do you have instructions for that or a link to where I could find them?

Thanks so much and keep going...you have great crafts!!!
Melissa

Kreative Kidd said...

Thanks Shannon! Hopefully, I'll get to try it out soon!